Monday, May 24, 2010

My Social calendar 05.08.10




This weekend was stupendous! Actually the month of May has been an adventurous month for me! I've been blessed with the opportunity to live here and meet people from all over the world, people that if I were in the US, I would probably not have encountered. In the last month I've had quite a full social calendar... Some of the things that I've done include:

Going to a Korea traditional music concert.

My friend Hachi was the band master, he skyped me one night and asked me if I was interested in watching him play.. i said "BUT OF COURSE!" He reserved a couple of tickets for me but I went sola... sat there surrounded but Korean families. One in particular was a mother- daughter duo. They looked at me, probably asking themselves "what the heck is she doing here... and how will she understand what is goin on?" I smiled at them immediately. The smiled back and offered me butterscotch candy... at that point I knew all was good and they seemed to appreciate the interest I have in their culture.




Needless to say, the concert was great! I didn't understand a thing but I caught myself laughing and dancing along with everyone else. Hachi was great. The music sounded kind of like Jazz to me. I loved it.


Hachi eating the delicious seafood noodles!

After the concert I was invited along to have some drink with the band, kind of like an after party. We went to a Makgeoli bar in Hongdae, enjoyed great company, sang songs, and ate lots of delicious food.


Once we were done there we decided to head to another very eclectic bar that reminded me a bit of Goatfeathers a restaurant I used to work at. Mostly because it was a collaboration of cool random pieces nothing that really belong but somehow worked well together.




It was a lovely evening something that I needed to jumpstart spring in Korea.

Smile ^-^
Rosibelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers