Monday, April 19, 2010

Karma

As I walk to school on this cloudy Monday morning It starts to sink in. I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have been able to travel 6794.06 miles into a world that is very different from the one that I come from. It's been exactly one week since I first was introduced to Helen(my Korean co-teacher), the school, the kids, and the rest of the faculty. So far I have been very fortunate to have extremely nice co-workers that, even though there is a language barrier, try their best to help me if I have questions. The kids are great, I constantly have a group of boys or girls at my desk trying to carry on a conversation with me, mostly in Korean. The teachers seem to be entertained by what they say and our efforts to decipher exactly what is we mean. Everyone just laughs at us while trying to explain what they are saying.

I have had great experiences here in Korea thus far! A couple of hours after i stepped off of the plane from a 13 hour flight and 24 hours traveling, I decided to go out. Yep, no rest for me! Instead I went out in Seoul with my friend Lydia and her friend Vicki. I was able to experience Seoul's night life, and its right up there with the party life in Salamanca... These people know how to have a good time!
We decided to be more lax and opted for dinner with Soju and makgeolli instead!
Conveniently, Lydia informed us that there was a mall that was open 24 hours a day, the name is Dongdaemun Market!

Those of you that know me, know that there are some rare occasions in which I turn shopping down, and this wasn't one of those days! So we headed to SHOP at 3:30am! To my surprise it was quite busy. Korea is a shopaholic's dream (not me). I went there looking for a small bag and came out with 2 jackets, a pair of pants, and a blouse! Those were definitely a real bargain! Once we were done shopping we decided to call it a night at approximately 6am.

The next day we met Haichi a Japanese musician that fell in love with Korea and all its wonders. We sat down in front of the palace talked and watched him play his Ukulele! We ended the day by taking a stroll through the palace, making a pit stop at a popular bookstore, and finally a play called Miso at the ChongDong theater. I honestly can't complain about my stay in Korea thus far! It's been great, I am very fortunate to have a wonderful friend who took the time to make me feel very welcome here!

Smile ^-^
Rosibelle


    The baby gave me a kiss her dad said PoPo and she did this... so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers