Monday, June 7, 2010

Over the Hill


North Korea right over the hill behind me


Celebrating our successful jumps

This weekend I went to the DMZ another spectacular weekend with Bre!! This time I was able to enjoy so many things in a matter of 1.5 days how crazy is that?? My experience was amazing the group was great and our guides from adventure Korea were very helpful! I did one of the most unexpected things EVER, my close friends and family know that its definitely unexpected and maybe now they won't doubt that I will probably do something even crazier. lol I jumped off of a bridge, on the border of North Korea and South Korean. Definitely an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. I just kept thinking about my mom and what her reaction to me jumping would have been... I could hear her voice.."Muchacha pero tu si eres loca no te atrevas a hacer eso!!!" (girl you are crazy, don't you dare try that) but guess what mami I did it hehehe and I didn't tell her about until after I jumped because she's a worrier and she would be panicking all weekend.



These are the things that we did
-got to see a beautiful river with lots of cliffs
-went into the tunnels that the North Koreans dug in order to invade South Korea
-got a tour of facilities in the DMZ
-went to the Peace observatory
-went to the memorial site (at night and in the morning)
-rode bikes, not your ordinary bikes but the two passenger bikes, Tandem bikes!!
-had a campfire and made smores ( no graham crackers we improvised)
-worked in a rice field like the old days and planted our own rice plants, and drank Makgeoli
-went catfish catching in the mud, I caught 3!!
-saw a bombed train and the bird museum (DMZ wildlife) (so random) on the military base
-AND OF COURSE I BUNGEE JUMPED FROM WHAT SEEMED LIKE THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD.

Smile ^-^
Rosibelle


THE BEST TREAT OF ALL!!! which was unexpected! I SAW A SHOOTING STAR!!! My first shooting star ever and apparently in Korea you make 3 wishes just in case the 1st and the second don't make it heheh, I was ok with that one. It was simply amazing.. I feel like conquering the world!

(06/05-06/06)




Rice planting


The memorial at the top of the hill


The freedom bell on the hill that i saw my shooting star the night before!



THE BRIDGE THAT I JUMPED FROM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers