Friday, October 8, 2010

6 monthaversary

So its been 6 months since I've been in Korea and It's been nothing short of an adventure. Everyday there is something new, something that I didn't expect to know, see, or hear. But to me that is the beauty of being in another country where the culture is very different to what I'm used to. There are certain things I admire about Korea: the way Koreans are very community oriented, how safe their country is, how inexpensive and delicious their food is, Shopping!!.. you get the point. I'm not going to hide it there are somethings that I do miss from home, eating tostones, getting a good haircut by a Dominican ;),driving, the variety of food, but most of all my family and friends. I miss their support and love. I only hope that they are missing me too.

Korean life has been good to me though, can't complain... I've been able to travel to different cities; Andong, Mokpo, Daegu, Jeju, to name a few. I've gotten the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. I've been able to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia, as well as go on various excursions. I thank god on a daily basis for these blessings, I am a very fortunate person to be able to have these experiences and its all thanks to him.

Korea has been a place of realization for me... I've come to learn who I want to be, it's here that I've realized that life doesn't have to be a planned out schedule and success isn't measured by other people's perception of what success is suppose to be . Success is following your personal legend in life a legend no one else can fill but you. I've been doing a lot of reading here in Korea one of my favorite authors is Paulo Coelho. His book The Alchemist, really helped me realize that nothing is impossible and I need to work hard, go through trials, fall down a couple of times and pick myself up in order to successfully realize my dreams and fulfill my personal goals.
It's a must read, I can't believe I hadn't read it before now. http://bookreviews.nabou.com/reviews/thealchemist.html

I started going to church on Sundays and doing bible study right after. I don't know about you but knowing more about God and connecting with him is good for my soul. Every Sunday when I leave church I feel light... nothing is weighing me down all of my worries, concerns, insecurities are gone and I love that feeling. :)

Yesterday I started my first guitar lesson... never ever did I think about playing the guitar but here I go... another challenge, wish me luck. And finally Korean lessons are still going with a bit of improvement but man this language is HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers