Friday, July 2, 2010

Korea's Hues

Now that we are heading in to the much dreaded rainy season with approximately 2 weeks of non-stop rain, I have been referring to the pictures I've taken in the past two weeks as a reminder of how beautiful Korea can be. I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the brown, flowerless landscape when I first arrived in Korea. I was expecting something more... I don't know maybe some COLOR. Most of you know I am a lover of all things colorful and to see nothing but muted browns and grays was concerning.

See for me it was just a matter of time and patience, spring was on its way it just had a slow start. I have heard from foreign teachers and Koreans alike that this past winter was one of the worst on record... seemed like they'd have 6 months of continuous snowy and cold weather. Well thank GOD I wasn't here for that, winter is not my friend! yea I lived in Boston and pretty much grew up there but my Caribbean blood yearns for sunshine and a pleasant sea breeze.
Needless to say I am thankful for warm weather and the colorful flowers Korea has to offer this time of year. The monsoon I can do without but I can definitely handle it better than winter...

Here are pictures of the Dumulmori its location is in Yangsu-ri about a 5 minute walk from my house. The Dumulmori is where both the north and south Hangang Rivers meet. This place is so beautifully peaceful and colorful now that the water lilies and Lotus are blooming. It's also an incredible site in the fall (so I hear). Enjoy these pictures!! I am going to post some of the Semi-won next...

smile ^-^
Rosibelle









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers